Thursday, August 6, 2009

Friday, My Town Shoot Out (Power Sources)

Friday, "My Town" Shoot Out. This week's theme is power.
The residents in Las Vegas get their electricity from Nevada Power. The above photo shows the power plant that generates the electricity and supplies it to Nevada Power. It is also the plant where my husband works. Unfortunately, photos are not allowed to be taken on the premises. It's all very top secret. So, I zoomed in with my little 10 pixel casio exilim from the street.
This shows a row of power poles taken from one of the parks I frequent.

Here's a closer view of a single power pole.



Here are a bunch of power lines criss crossing each other across the sky.


This little baby is my car, and it gives me the power to go anywhere I want. Pardon the dust. It's been awhile since she's had a bath.






I get my personal strength and motivation from reading about the success of others. I subscribe to Success Magazine, and it powers up my brain and feeds me inspiration and ideas.




This piece of machinery gives me the power to connect with all of you . It's a powerful tool for researching, writing, learning, and creating.






These two right here power me up with joy and gratitude. They are what keep me balanced and grounded. It's the simple pleasure. They give me power to express love.



I hope you all have enjoyed my sources of power. I encourage you to click on over to the My Town Shoot Out and check out other fabulous photos. We have a wonderful group.



20 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with the theme, all of the sources of your power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More power to you! I'mn glad to be first, here. You may "invade my privacy" on my fishing blog anytime you want. I'm glad to see friends there. Send me some of your fishing photos and I'll post them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those poles look SO tall.

    Love the man and dog and the magazine too ....
    all great sources of love and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and nice theme approach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great variety. Life is good - eh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The criss-cross of power lines is something you'll never find here in Singapore, everything has gone underground!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the variety in these shots!

    Isn't it bewildering that with all the power raging through those lines birds still choose to plant their tiny feet upon them?

    I wonder if they feel the surge?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos and post. Love your two "generators" in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The power poles in your area look safe unlike in my country. Thanks for sharing your source of power. It inspired me especially the success mag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots. The length of the second picture is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful power shots!!! I especially loved the one with all of the powerlines and your otherhalf and pup!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great color in your power shots :)
    They were all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the shot of the row of lightpoles - very interesting lines!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome job! I love the perspective angle on the power poles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I did not have so much rain and clouds my actual power shots might have worked, but yours are wonderful. I am with the others on the partner with pup, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos incorporating everything that is "power"

    ReplyDelete
  17. aww, the dog is too cute!!! I love animals

    ReplyDelete
  18. great post on your sources of power. where would we be without the internet? I remember when there was no internet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails