Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday My Town Shoot Out (Outdoor food)

MY TOWN SHOOT OUT
TODAY'S THEME IS OUTDOOR FOOD
IT'S SUMMER TIME, EVERYBODY LOVES ICE CREAM.
I NOTICE THAT MOST LITTLE KIDS ALWAYS CHOOSE A COLORFUL FLAVOR.
AROUND HERE, WE LOVE TO PUT TOPPINGS ON OUR ICE CREAM.


MY HUSBAND LOVES CHOCOLATE MORE THAN I DO.



SUN TEA. MY FAVORTIE OUTDOOR BEVERAGE



I thought this challenge was going to be really easy but It turned out to be quite a challenge. Not too many people like to eat outdoors in the sweltering Las Vegas heat. I was hoping to catch some good barbecue cook outs at the park, but alas, no such luck.
I was going to pack some beer into an ice chest and snap a few photos but I didn't want to go get the ice.
Well, I'm disappointed that I didn't have anything better to show. I was determined, however, to post something, even though it isn't what I had hoped for.
I already have a few ideas for next weeks theme of POWER. It should be really awesome.
Please check out http://www.fridayshootout.blogspot.com/ to see others photos and to join in on the fun.
Have a good weekend everyone!



9 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, I live in the Phoenix area and not much outdoor dining going on this time of year either. Good job at coming up with something though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tea! Coming from Texas where we made gallons and gallons of it while I was growing up, and do not forget homemade ice cream! Thanks for joining this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont be disappointed, i think u did good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum....Cold Stone!! A great summer food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cooled me off. We have been having heat and humidity here for a week now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your ice cream shots and comments are right up there on top. life doesn't always happen in sinc with shoot out topics, I go back to my archives OFTEN. I have been keeping the suggested topics in mind as I walk the streets of Rio and Nova Friburgo and will start a shootout folder to draw from as the suggested topics become our next assignment.

    word verf. LETRA which in Portuguese is used for philosopy and education.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you do to your ice cream to put some toppings. it is more yummier am pretty sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did just great! It's pretty hot down here too and no one was cookin outside. We all just do the best we can andI'm glad you joined.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I.m glad you are a member of our gang. Your takes are very refreshing. Wish I had some of your ice cream.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails