Monday, July 27, 2009

Mosaic Monday~ Vintage Mail & Such


Yay! My first mosaic. I know it's late, but I had to figure out how to create a mosaic. I really wanted to participate because I think it's really cool. I've seen some great mosaics today. If you'd like to participate in this meme click here http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/ to find out how.


My inspiration for this mosaic came from all of the blogs about vintage postcards that I discovered yesterday. I dug out my collection and snapped a few photos of some postcards, letters, and a vintage music book. The earliest postmark is 1911 and I have another one postmarked 1919. Oh, the picture in the middle is a reproduction hat box that I store all of my postcard collection in.
Remember, click on the photo to enlarge.




I also wanted to thank Redlan, Gordon, Cafe Chick, RetiredEagle, and Noe Noe girl for all of your wonderful comments on my previous post. It is greatly appreciated. You all are wonderful.

6 comments:

  1. Hey. Thanks for the comment on my poetry. It does help when it write, its always been my way of expressing my feelings since elementry school. Im sad for so many reasons, that I dont even want to think about right now because I might start crying again. Thank u for the quotes. I just have to take things day by day and hopefully things will get better. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Mosaic! I really need to learn how to do that. Can you send me directions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like old postcards, they are like a view to another world. My grandmother liked postcards as well, so I inhereted a few of hers, which are nice mementos. Congratulations on the mosaic.
    Thanks for your comments over at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a terrific collection! You did a wonderful job on your first mosaic. Thanks so much for sharing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love vintage cards and you have created a very impressive mosaic. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails