Friday, July 24, 2009

My Town Friday Shoot Out~ Reflections

MY TOWN FRIDAY SHOOT-OUT: TODAY'S THEME IS REFLECTIONS
If you would like to join in on the fun every week click the link to join. www.townshootout.blogspot.com
The following pictures were taken yesterday around 6:00 a. m. in my neighborhood park. We had a monsoon rain the night before, so I found some of the reflections on the wet sidewalks. The best reflections are at the end so walk with me to see all the beauty I have captured.
The following photo shows the reflection of a palm tree bouncing off the wet sidewalk. Nothing spectacular.
(you can click on the photos to enlarge image)
This next picture shows the reflection of a stop sign and a bus in the left side of the building's glass. This was an accident, because I was really taking a picture of the white bird with the red beak. I'd never seen one of those in the park before. I'm not sure if it's a duck or a chicken.
I love this next photo. You can see the reflection of the trees in the water quite clearly. My favorite is the reflection of the ducks necks and heads.

Here's a great reflection of a pole, some trees and the sky reflecting off the water on the sidewalk.




This reflection has been disturbed by the ducks gliding into the water quite quickly, as they were trying to get away from me and my dog. I like the ripples though, so I threw this in just because I wanted to share.




Here's another section of the pond.





A reflection of the gate and some trees.





The next two images are very clear. Look at all the trees and the sky reflecting off the water.






Isn't it pretty?





I hope you enjoyed walking around the park with me.
I wanted to get more elaborate with this subject, but I just didn't get out there and do it. I loved this theme. It was a lot of fun. I can't wait to see everyone else's photos.
Thanks for stopping by!







15 comments:

  1. I love water shots...photos are so fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness those are great and so clear. The reflections really stand out! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty park. Isn't it nice to notice things via the reflections?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the clouds in the puddle, and say, that is a funny-looking red-faced goose type bird. Even the pigeon is thinking "What IS that?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sixth image, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful park! I loved the reflection pictures. I'm not sure about the duck or the chicken either. Hmmm, maybe a mix?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the simple shot of the metal pole reflecting in the puddle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the third photo most. Thanks for sharing your photos of reflection.

    Can I grab my favorite photo? I planned to post a collection of this week's photo shoot out them. I will credit your site of course. If it's okay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of reflections on a cool pool of water. Your photo of the swans looks so beautifully serene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These were great! I especially loved the puddle reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Much effort and thought went into your great post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your park with all the ducks. We have one in my city, and I love the place. Came to you via Friday shoot out.

    Parks, water, they have such a calming effect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last two photos were my favorite. All of you photos are beautiful - you do love to take photos, I can tell. Since it is my job, I don't like to take photos as much as I used to.

    I wish I had time to enjoy shooting again.

    Thanks for a tour around your part of the world.

    Oh, that is a duck. Quack, quack.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails