Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dreamer


I'm a dreamer.  I admit it. 
My head is filled with fantasies, visions, thoughts, and images that add color to my life.
I have a tendency to think that anything is possible.
I'm an optimist, yet I still have to work very hard to keep negative thoughts at bay.

I'm also a realist.  I know what's possible and what isn't.
However, that doesn't prevent me from seeing every obstacle as some sort of lesson or opportunity to grow.

I know what I want and I see it unfolding in my mind.
There are times though  when doubt creeps in and those are the times when my faith increases.
I rely on my faith to become more forgiving and to be stronger emotionally.

I cling to certain beliefs and I dream.
I keep dreaming the same dream over and over again.
Each time I think I'm getting closer to achieving this repetitive dream,
a ghostly demon jumps in and I wake up a fool.

A foolish clown.
Cheeks flushed red with embarrasment,
eyes open wide with silent frustration,
heart void of desire,
the soul empty of love.

Then I dream again
and it's good.

If only for a minute or two.




3 comments:

  1. And that is why we all love you. ;)

    I made my logo in PSE. I purchased a dragonfly brush download ($5) for the dragon fly and did the rest myself after studying a lot of logos. Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe we are all dreamers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails