Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Symphonic Rock Show

Most people who are cultured love classical music and enjoy attending events such as the ballet, the symphony and broadway type shows as well as browsing art galleries, libraries and museums. I admit, I've never been one to sit and listen to classical music. It bores me to tears. I need some vocals to make me swoon with delight. I'm not saying I don't like the finer things in life but a lot of times, the finer things in life are quite stuffy and rigid and controlled. I'm not saying that I am not refined or that I can't be elevated to a higher level, however, while I do appreciate these types of things, It's just not what I consider fun really.  It's just the way I see things. I do like museums and browsing art galleries but I'm a simple chick who doesn't need a lot to make me happy. I do however, love music and the creative processes that come about in creating melodies and rythms. I admire creative talent so much that I feel pure joy when I experience the magic of all the instruments and vocals drifting through my ears. It's like the clouds opening up to welcome me to heaven while they sing praises of love to me. Yes, it's that good for me when I hear true talent.

This Friday night I am attending a musical event that will rock my socks off. My excitement level keeps rising and I can't hardly stand it. Yellow Brick Road, a classic rock band who have been around Las Vegas since I moved here and who I have seen many, many times will be performing at the  newly built Smith Center, a cultural arts center. But that's not the coolest part about this show. No, the coolest thing about this show is that the band will be backed by a 21 piece orchestra. How many of you have heard a 21 piece orchestra play Led Zeppelin, Queen, Rush, Pink Floyd? Well, I can tell you it's going to be A-MA-ZING. What makes it even more amazing is that the lead singer, Brody Dolyniuk is the one behind this phenomenal event. He writes all the musical scores for the orchestra.
\
Brody left his beloved band, Yellow Brick Road last year to pursue other musical opportunites that he could no longer deny. He was replaced with another singer who is also very good, but I think it's amazing that Brody created this show and included his original band in the performance.

Take a listen at a sample of the show. If you like classic rock, you'll love this.







To learn more about the show click here:

http://www.thesmithcenter.com/events/symphonic-rockshow/

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails