Monday, June 4, 2012

Chicken Shit Bingo And Other Good Stuff



Yesterday I went to the strip with with Justin, Gayla, Glenn and Milt.
I'll tell you more about that on another day.
 I only mention it because the above photo was taken during that time frame.
The above photo is a framed picture created from real flowers.
I spotted this beauty at the Bellagio.

But I only post it now as to prepare you for my next photo.

Last weekend Justin and I took a drive and ended up in Goodspirngs, NV.
We'd never been there before so we didn't know what to expect.
It's a small little town that consists of one little general store/gift shop and a saloon.
Nothing else except some houses.
Basically, it's a little shit hole out in the middle of the desert.
But, we were hot and thirsty so we decided to stop.
When we got out of the truck we heard loud music wafting through the air.
Music to my ears.
By golly, it was a live band.
Where there's music, I come to life.
So, we went inside the saloon, ordered a beer and took notice of our surroundings.
It was a cool place really and it was hopping with action.
I mean, who would have thought?

When the band took it's break, we walked outside to the courtyard to check things out.

This is what I saw.


This caught my attention so naturally I had to walk over there and get a closer look.

Plus, I have a habit of saying that word.


Here is the chickenshit bingo board.
They had it locked up in this white wooden cage, which is why you see the white stripes.
I don't know if they actually play this or if it is a gimmick
but it sure got a chuckle out of me.

While there we met and talked to some cool people.
That's a whole other story for another day.


Right now I want to tell you about other good stuff.

This may or  may not have more meaning to the Friday Town Shoot Out participants.

Ginger, who posts over at Flowers and More and I, have collaberated on a new project.

We started another blog which we call, Dance With Words. 
It is our goal to improve upon our writing skills while developing discipline.
Our concept is two perspectives, one post.
We choose a topic and we alternate writing within the same post.
 If I choose the topic she starts the first paragraph, then I write the 2nd paragraph, then she writes the 3rd paragraph and so on.
We've written a few entries so far and it's been enjoyable as well as challenging.
The are two posts regarding dreams.
These two posts are individuallly written.
I wrote, My Dream Word and she wrote Dreams.

I invite all of you to check it out, give some us feedback and/or follow us if you are so inclined.
It is more of a writing blog than a photo blog so I know you may not have the patience to read through our posts and that is fine too.
I just wanted to share this with all of my readers here.

I never in a million years would have thought that i would be co-writing a blog with a stranger let alone someone who lives in Brasil.



Thank you!





3 comments:

  1. The ChickenShit Bingo picture is interesting...it would be great to know more about it. I'm going to go check out this new blog. I think I saw something about it on facebook one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that certainly is an attention grabber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checked out the new blog and I love the concept. Sounds like it will be challenging and fun! I have a suggestion if I may be so bold. You guys should put a little blurb at the top introducing yourselves and explaining the alternating paragraph things. I have some writer friends on twitter that would probably love the blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails