Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mr. Magoo

The very first time I ever rode in a car with my husband was an enlightening experience.
He was a true gentleman all the way, opening the car door for me, adjusting the air condition so that I wouldn't freeze. 
Yes, he had good manners.
 I had never experienced such gentlemanly behavior from anyone before.
His Momma raised him right and I truly was fascinated with the amount of respect he showed me.
Once he got behind the wheel though, my fascination turned to apprehension.
 I quickly discovered that he was a terrible driver.

Well, I could go into detail as to our first road trip to a Dodger's baseball game, but I think the plaque below tells the story ten times better than I ever could.


I've teased my husband for years about his driving and I often called him Mr. Magoo.

My guilt for all the teasing was eased when his boss gave him this plaque for Christmas a few years back.

It was hilarious because it completely describes his driving skills.

5 comments:

  1. Ha! This is so funny. It's scary sometimes to get in the car with someone else. Thats why I always prefer to drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha This is so like my hubby and me. He was so gentlemanly but when I got out of the car after his driving I threw up! No kidding. He had to tone it down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, a bad slow driver is way better than a bad fast driver! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "just a hint of drifting." That's too funny.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails