Friday, December 28, 2012

FMTSO: Gifts

This week's theme for the Friday Town Shoot Out is gifts.
Here are just a few people shots from this Christmas.


 
There is nothing like seeing the joy on the face of a kid.
It's so real.

 
Super Hero Gifts.
Big brother watching little brother open his gift to see which one he got.

 
Rome and Titus.
Sheer concentration on the first gift they opened.
Santa books, courtesy auntie JarieLyn.

 
 

 
My youngest brother's girlfriend and her children.
(we consider them his children)

 
My youngest brother, Joey.
My sister standing behind him ready to unwrap a naughty picture.
I never did see what was inside that package.
Hmm.........

 
Me, my sister-in-law Tabbitha, and my sister Cheryl.
 
There were lots of presents opened on Christmas Eve but the best present was visiting with my siblings.
 
The following present is one I bought for myself.
Justin and I do not exchange gifts.
We buy something for ourselves and say it's from the other one.
Not very romantic, but it works for us and it alleviates a lot of stress.


 
This arrived just in the nick of time.
 
 
I've been using it every day for a week now and I love it.
I thought it was good value for the money too.
 

 
We draw names in our family because it just makes it easier on everyone.
However, this heart ornament was a little something extra that my brother's girlfriend got me.
I love it. She said she saw it and it reminded her of the mail art I sent her and so she wanted to get it for me.  Thank you Sara, I love it.

 
My mom drew my name.
I sent her a wish list from Amazon, mostly books, stationery, washi tape, postcards, etc.
These gloves and hat was a surprise.
I've always love gloves, hats, and boots and these are perfect for me.

 

 
Two postcard books that were on my list.
Some of you may or may not know that I started another hobby.
It's much more fulfiling than my photography.
I love writing letters and sending mail and creating mail art.
It's a lot of fun
You can check out my incoming and outgoing mail here

 
My sister got me a blouse and a Starbucks gift card.
She is always so thoughtful.
She wasn't supposed to get me anything.
 
 
A letter set that I had on my wishlist.
From my mom.



This is from my mother-in-law who lives in Oregon.
She is not part of the name draw.

 
One of the books my mom got me from my wish list.
I read it as soon as I had free time.
It was quite interesting.
Now, I need to get the original book about Gryphon and Sabine.
Has anyone ever read it?

 
Another wish list item from my mom.
I love any kind of book that is about letter writing and writing in general.
 

I got this cute necklace form my MIL.
 
Also, from my MIL I received two coloring books and a box of crayons.
We were shopping one day and I mentioned that I still love to color in kids coloring books.
Imagine my surprise and delight when I opened that package.
I actually colored in it last night.
It's very relaxing.
 
Well that's it for now.
 


6 comments:

  1. Yours is the second post I've read since yesterday where someone gave the gift of colouring book and crayons to an adult. I'm envious! I do love colouring also. The last time I indulged was about 5 years ago up at the cottage, one rainy day. It sounds like you and yours had a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post. Some wonderful gifts and a great insight into your personality whick I love FSO for. Happy New Year and happy letter writing.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some nice gifts there! I like the gloves and hat - very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a Christmas! I haven't yet had a chance to upload pictures from the camera but am still trying to clean up wrapping paper! The kids look dazzled! Bagman's favorite picture is the one of you and your sisters -- your parents sure passed along the beautiful genes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the children photos, JarieLyn. Those little boys are so cute! :) For me Christmas is about the little ones and it looks like your little people really loved their Christmas (and the gifts).

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable happy children!! that's the best part of christmas

    thanks so much for your comment on the rain on red post
    your kind words are encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails