Friday, September 30, 2011

The hubby and me


Terrible photo but this was taken on my birthday in Spearfish Canyon, SD.
My husband and I and our dog went on a two mile hike to photograph a waterfall.
I set up the tri-pod and took this photo along the way.


Driving through Custer State Park in Custer, SD.
This is where the wild buffalo roam.
Down the road before this photo was taken, we had stopped by a stream where we saw two buffalo
grazing in the grass.  My husband is totally into wildlife and so being the macho man that he is, gets as close to the buffalo as he possibly can.  I, being the worrier that I am was afraid so I kept my distance.
I had Sasha on the leash while she drank water at the edge of the stream.
All of a sudden I see my husband from across the stream, running to hide behind a tree.
The darn buffalo got pissed off at him for getting too close and charged after him.
Next thing I know that buffalo is coming towards me and my dog.  It gets a drink of water directly across from where we are and then it starts crossing the stream and it looks at my dog like it wants to kill her. I was yanking on the leash but Sasha didn't want to come and she can't hear anymore, so even though I was yelling, it wasn't doing any good.  I finally ran down to the water's edge, picked up my dog and ran as fast as I could towards the truck.
Whew!
Made it just in time.  And my heart was pounding so fast.



This is in Wyoming, the first part of our trip.
My sole reason for coming here was to see my childhood friend, Tina.
I've known her for over forty years, since I was about five years old.
The little girl in the picture is her granddaughter, Summer.
I enjoyed visiting with them so much.
However, I don't think I ever want to drive through Wyoming ever again.
Yes, there are some really pretty parts, but mostly it is wide open spaces and the drive is the most boring drive I've ever taken in my whole life. Hundreds of miles of nothing.
You definitely need the right travelling companion for these kind of trips.
Thank goodness, my husband and I did okay during this trip.
We only got on each other's nerves a little.
Normally, we kind of get on each other's nerves a lot.



Custer State Park again.



Here we are on the other side of Wyoming after leaving South Dakota.
We are on our way to Cheyenne for the night and then headed to Grand Junction, Colorado next day.
I really like this picture of my husband by the hay bale.
I think he looks really cute.

Well, that's about all for now.

Hopefully, I'll post some more pics tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.




1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Jarielyn. Your husband is cute and you are just adorable in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails